Last Revised Date: June 5, 2023
Our Privacy Statement
At UNI, we are committed to respect and protect the privacy of our members and clients, and the confidentiality of their personal information.
In this Privacy Code, the words “us”, “our”, “we”, and “UNI” refer to Caisse populaire acadienne ltée and its subsidiaries. “You” and “your” refers to the members and the clients.
By “personal information”, we mean any information that identifies you pursuant to applicable privacy laws and may include, but not limited to, information such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth, or any other personally identifiable information that you choose to provide to us or any information that we are required to obtain under any legislation.
Collection of Personal Information
In the course of our relationship with you, we obtain personal information pertaining to you. We verify and update this information.
We collect your personal information directly from you or indirectly from any sources, including but not limited to sources specified in any agreement between you or an agent acting on your behalf and us, your past or present employer(s), financial institution(s), personal information agents, consumer reporting agencies or credit rating agencies, government agencies, from your authorized representatives, such as your financial advisor, any person you may have given as a reference or any other source that is required for the provision of our products and services. Depending on how you choose to do business with us, including in person or through Digital Banking, your personal information may be collected on applications, forms, over the phone, in person, through the internet, through your mobile devices or through other forms of communication.
Your telephone conversations with us may be recorded. We may maintain audio recordings of in-coming and out-going telephone calls.
We monitor our clients’ online traffic. If you choose to interact with us online via our web portal or through e-mail, we monitor and record your usage information.
All personal information that we collect is kept confidential. Only employees authorized to process inquiries or requests that concern the information provided are given access to this information.
Use of Personal Information
The personal information we obtain about you is used strictly for the purpose of processing requests for quotes or inquiries about financial services or products submitted to us. This may include:
- Provide and manage products and services you have requested, including verifying your identity, opening and operating your bank account(s); execute your transactions; record, prepare and report your Statements; provide personalized service and assistance, and respond to any requests or questions you may have.
- Comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, such as providing all required tax reporting; fulfilling obligations under federal anti-money laundering and suppression of terrorism legislation; protecting against fraud and other crime and managing risk, including conducting investigations and taking proactive measures against crime, including fraud prevention measures; meeting obligations as a member of various regulatory organizations; protecting our interests, including recovering any debts you may owe us; or as otherwise permitted by law.
- Distribute marketing materials to people on our mailing lists. At any time, you may unsubscribe from our mailing lists.
- Perform tracking, targeted marketing and marketing program activities, and benchmarking.
- Perform data analytics and research, including developing and tailoring our products and services, determining suitability of our products and services.
We only collect the amount and type of personal information needed for the purposes documented by UNI.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We can disclose your personal information to third parties, including our employees, agents or authorized representatives, and other persons authorized by you or by law, in the following circumstances:
- With your consent.
- To someone with whom you have business dealings through us.
- To third party service providers for servicing purposes or who provide services on our behalf, such as data hosting and processing, information technology support, customer service, marketing and analytics, payment processing, and similar services. We do not authorize them to use or disclose the personal information for their own marketing or other purposes. Some of these service providers may be located in Canada or other jurisdictions or countries and as a result your personal information may be processed, accessed, or stored outside of Canada. They may disclose information in response to valid demands or requests from governments, regulators, courts and law enforcement authorities in those jurisdictions or countries in accordance with the applicable law in that jurisdiction or country.
- To federal or provincial agencies and regulators, and when required or permitted to do so by law, including in response to a search warrant, court order, or other demand or inquiry which we believe to be valid.
- To financial institutions, securities dealers and mutual fund companies in relations to your transactions.
- To any person or organization, including an investigative body, to prevent, detect or suppress, financial abuse, fraud, criminal activity, protect our assets and interests, or to manage or settle any actual or potential loss or in the case of a breach of agreement or contravention of law.
- To help us collect a debt owed to us.
- In the event of a transfer of a business, we may buy or sell a business (or evaluate those transactions) which would result in certain personal information forming business assets that would be purchased or sold as part of a transfer.
- We may transfer personal information as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
- When the legislation allows such disclosure.
We do not sell or rent clients lists or personal information to third parties.
Sharing of Personal Information
Unless it is prohibited by legislation, we may share your personal information with our affiliates for the following purposes:
- Managing your business dealings with us and our affiliates.
- Complying with any requirement prescribed by law or regulations.
- Recommending you to our affiliates or other intermediaries regarding products and services that could be offered to you.
- If you have provided us with your social insurance number, we may use it for revenue reporting purposes insofar as you have a product that generates income or in relation to a registered product, and we may disclose this number to relevant government agencies and to credit rating agencies for identification purposes.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information, for as long as it is needed for the purposes for which it was collected or subject to legislative requirements regarding the retention of certain types of information.
Unless if permitted by law, we do not divulge any of your personal information without your prior consent. We ensure that you clearly understand what we are using your personal information for and use only direct means to obtain your consent. Your consent may be express, implied or provided by an authorized representative.
Withdrawal of Consent
You may withdraw your consent in relation to your personal information by contacting us. However, you may not withdraw such consent when required or permitted by law. In certain cases, withdrawal of your consent could affect the products and services that could be offered to you.
Protection of Personal Information
We maintain appropriate physical, electronic, technological, procedural, and organizational safeguards to protect your personal information against unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification, theft, misuse, or loss of your personal information in our custody or control. These safeguards are appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
The length of time we keep your information will vary depending on the product or service and the type of information we have. We keep your information for as long as we reasonably need it for customer service, legal or reasonable business purposes. For these reasons, we keep your information beyond the end of your relationship with us. When your information is no longer required, we securely destroy it or make it anonymous.
No employee is authorized to ask you for your password, passcode, or personal identification number (PIN).
No employee may ask for your personal information over the phone, such as your debit card number, date of birth or social insurance number. However, as part of the usual identification process when you contact us, our employees are authorized to ask you to confirm certain personal information.
Accuracy of your Personal Information
To provide products and services to you, your information must be accurate, complete and up to date. We will amend any inaccurate or incomplete information about you in our records at your request. If, during the course of doing business with us, any of your information changes, please inform us so that we can make any necessary changes.
Limitation of Liability
We will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damages you may incur in using our websites or using any software or assistance from third parties on these websites that we may make available to you. Further more, we are not responsible for any investment decisions or any damages or other losses resulting from decisions that arise in any way from the use of UNI’s services or any materials or information accessible through it.
About reCAPTCHA in some UNI online forms
We use Google Inc.'s reCAPTCHA service to protect the information entered on online forms on our websites. Google reCAPTCHA is used to confirm that information entered on our websites (e.g., on contact forms) is entered by a user and not by automated software. In other words, it is a way of distinguishing humans from computers, preventing robots from maliciously filling in forms in the name of a human.
To learn more, see:
By using the reCAPTCHA service, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
Links to third-party websites
For your convenience, our websites provide links to the sites of third parties or parts of their sites. We have no control over the content or operation of these sites or the confidentiality or privacy practices of the site operators. Consequently, any personal information you submit through such sites is governed by the privacy policies of the sites in question. It is therefore your responsibility to find out about their policies to protect information that concerns you.
Our practices do not include soliciting members or clients for personal and confidential information by e-mail or other electronic means.
Accessing and Correcting your Personal Information
We are committed to being transparent and providing you with choices about how your personal information is used.
Upon request in writing, you will be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information and given access to this information within a reasonable time. In certain cases, we may not be able to provide you access to personal information we hold pertaining to you. We will inform you when access to your personal information is not possible and advise of any recourse available to you except where prohibited by law.
You can access or correct your personal information at any time by visiting your branch or by writing to UNI Chief Compliance Officer at:
Chief Compliance Officer
295 St-Pierre Boulevard West, P.O. Box 5554
Caraquet NB E1W 1B7
send an encrypted e-mail to: email@example.com
Please include your full name, address, telephone number, and account number(s) on all correspondence to us and provide enough detail to allow us to identify the information you wish to access or have corrected. We recommend that you encrypt your e-mails. We are committed to helping resolve your questions or concerns.
Our members and clients are our priority, and we strive to find a fair and equitable solution for everyone. In this spirit, we offer a complaint resolution process at uni.ca/complaint.
Updating this policy
We may update this Privacy Code and our other privacy-related documents from time to time. Any changes we make to this Privacy Code will be effective when we post the revised Code on our websites. By continuing to interact with us after the modified version of the Privacy Code has been posted, you are accepting the changes to the Privacy Code. The date at the top of this Privacy Code indicates when it was last revised.