Cloud Network - System Administrator
Permanent full time
| Work location to be determined (Telework may be considered)
Would you love to have a hand in designing, developing, integrating and implementing infrastructure solutions? Have a strong analytical streak and a knack for shaping ideas? We need your expertise.
Reporting to the it Infrastructure and Operations Manager, the Administrator is responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and developing all aspects of UNI’s cloud-based IT infrastructure. Their job is to make our infrastructure highly reliable and efficient by applying best practices in information security.
The Cloud Network & Systems Administrator will be primarily responsible for:
- Participate in the design, development, intergration and implementation of cloud infrastructure solutions
- Plan and implement technological changes and ensure the proper functioning of implemented solutions
- Ensure server updates as well as the management of update tools
- Management of internal and external DNS environments
- Management and intervention concerning system alerts
- Administer cloud backup solutions
- Perform software deployment
- Recommend changes to established methods and procedures, and suggest alternatives and new methods to improve quality
- Interest and excellent aptitude for continuous improvement and automation of operational tasks
- Available after hours for scheduled support and maintenance activities
- Act as an expert and provide support for level 3 incidents on cloud computing environments
- Creation of reports on demand, including : Capacity and Performance, Availability, SLA, Volumetry and others
- Bachelor’s degree or a college diploma in computer science
- Certifications on cloud computing plateforms, an asset
- Five (5) years of experience in a similar position in a complex technical environment
- A working knowledge of English and French, both written and spoken, is required.
- Any equivalent training and experience will be considered.
- Action oriented
- Customer oriented
- Results driven
- Values differences
- Learns fast
- Manages complexity
- Plan and coordinate
- Demonstrate professional rigor and attention to detail
- Harness technology
- Good knowledge of information security principles and practices
- Good understanding of information security administration in cloud environments (Azure/AWS)
- Knowledge of cloud environments (Azure, O365, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Extensive knowledge of Windows server environments
- Extensive knowledge of Azure Active Directory
- Extensive knowledge of cloud backup systems
- Knowledge of Ansible is an asset
- Knowledge of infrastructure as code (Terraform) is an asset
- Knowledge of a CI/CD tool (Azure DevOps) is an asset
- Source code management with Git
- JIRA/ Confluence
- Good capacity for abstraction and popularization
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Brunswick on the expected date of hire. UNI offers one of the most competitive compensation and benefits packages in Atlantic Canada, as well as a group insurance plan and a pension plan. Salaries are determined based on skills and experience within the salary range for each job category. All applications will be treated as confidential.
Please apply no later than February 03, 2023.