IT Business Partner
Permanent full time
| Head Office - Caraquet
UNI seeks to bring together people who are bold enough to undertake innovative projects to accelerate New Brunswick's economic prosperity. Does the idea of finding clever solutions to complex problems not scare you? Do you have an analytical side and an ability to influence ideas? We need your skills.
Reporting to the Director - IT Strategy and Governance, the incumbent will be the primary point of contact with business line stakeholders and will act as an advisor within the organization to ensure the successful introduction of new solutions, technologies, applications and business processes. The IT Business Partner will work closely with the various IT sub-structures to identify and prioritize business requirements. This resource will oversee the IT solution portfolio and provide valuable strategic support and guidance on key IT initiatives.
The desired candidate will partner with business line executives and directors to define and prioritize opportunities and create and develop a business case justification with costs and benefits for new technology spending initiatives.
He will be expected to participate in field research to identify new solutions and evaluate the applicability and usefulness of current solutions and communicate decisions, priorities and relevant project information to appropriate stakeholders regarding business unit requests and ongoing projects and initiatives.
Create a shared vision of the respective solutions and facilitate decision making and arbitration regarding trade-offs within and between the different solution platforms.
The desired candidate:
- Holds an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in a related field and has four (4) years of experience in developing and executing strategic plans and/or project portfolios, with a broad of exposure to various technical environments, IT solutions and business segments.
- Ability to create, define and share a vision of IT's respective solutions and facilitate decision making and arbitration.
- Great logical thinking, decision-making and problem solving abilities, as well as demonstrated leadership and management skills, including a high degree of organization, individual initiative and personal accountability.
- Great research skills (statistics, interviews, competitive information, etc.) and ability to create a compelling story to sell projects to the leadership/ executive team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both French and English and the ability to collaborate, influence and build consensus.
Any equivalency in education and experience will be considered.
- Customer oriented
- Values differences
- Learn with agility
- Demonstrate professional rigor and attention to detail
- Ensures accountability
- Communicate effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Manages complexity
- Plan and coordinate
- Technology savvy
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Brunswick on the expected date of hire. UNI offers one of the most competitive compensation and benefits packages in Atlantic Canada, as well as a group insurance plan and a pension plan. Salaries are determined based on skills and experience within the salary range for each job category. All applications will be treated as confidential.