Canada Post Rotating Strikes: Taking Action Together
Updated: October 22, 2018
The labour conflict at Canada Post has entered a new phase, with rotating strikes affecting mail service across the country beginning today, October 22. Although the strikes are only rotating at this time, service disruptions could still result.
As we indicated previously in September, UNI has preventive solutions in place to minimize any impact for our clients. To offset any inconvenience caused by delays affecting mail delivery, we encourage you to take appropriate measures to offset any potential impact on your regular transactions and payments.
IMPORTANT! Your payments remain due on the usual dates despite any potential delays in mail delivery.
The following are some of the options available to you:
- Use UNI's automated and online services via AccèsD, the easiest way to maintain effective management of your accounts and financial activities.
- Pay your bills at the counter at a business location or at an ATM.
- Make arrangements with your service providers to receive your bills and statements by e-mail or find out what other options they offer.
- Contact the government agencies or other entities from which you receive regular cheques or payments to find out if it is possible to register with them for direct deposit so that the funds you are expecting can be put directly into your account.
Be ready for unexpected events like this by enrolling today for our AccèsD online solutions:
- Access your account anytime, from anywhere!
- View your account statements and other documents online (transactions, fees, loans, investments, tax slips, etc.).
- Transfer money, pay bills, pay down your line of credit, and much more.
Visit this page for ongoing updates as this situation evolves.