Market-linked guaranteed investments provide a good balance between the security of your capital and attractive returns. The amount you invest is protected and returns can reflect market growth.
These term investments are as safe guaranteed investment certificates and term deposits. Their advantage is that returns are variable and may exceed the posted rates on these types of investments1. Returns are not known ahead of time because they are based on market performance.
UNI also has market-linked guaranteed investments with guaranteed returns, an additional protection if the markets aren't performing well.
Discover in a few clicks which of our guaranteed investments are right for you. Try our Guaranteed Investment Selector.
- Capital 100% guaranteed at maturity2
- Deposits insured under the terms established by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation
- Designed by experts
- Protects you against exchange rate fluctuations
See returns for previously issued MLGIs
- Guaranteed return available, known at purchase for some investments
- Potential variable return linked to market growth1
- No commission or administration fees
- Entitles you to potential member dividends
- Terms: 3 years, 5 years
- Minimum deposit: $1000
- Eligible for registered plans (TFSA, RRSP, LIRA, locked-in RRSP, RRIF and LIF) and non-registered plans
What kind of investment do you want?
There's an investment for every type of investor. 2 types of markets-linked guaranteed investments available:
1. Variable return may be nil at maturity. Some investments offer a guaranteed annual return.