The RDSP allows you to build financial security for yourself or a loved one with a severe and prolonged disability.
- Maximum lifetime contribution of $200,000 that may qualify the beneficiary for:
- Income is tax-free as long as it remains in the plan
To establish an RDSP, the beneficiary must:
- Be eligible for the Disability Tax Credit based on the Canada Revenue Agency criteria
- Have a social insurance number (SIN)
- Be under 60 years of age
- Reside in Canada at the time the plan is established
- Guaranteed fixed-rate investments (GICs)
- Market-linked guaranteed investments
- Regular Savings Account – RDSP
- Mutual Funds1
1. Mutual funds are offered through Credential Asset Management Inc.