The RDSP allows you to build financial security for yourself or a loved one with a severe and prolonged disability.
- Maximum lifetime contribution of $200,000 that may qualify the beneficiary for:
- Income is tax-free as long as it remains in the plan
To establish an RDSP, the beneficiary must:
- Be eligible for the Disability Tax Credit based on the Canada Revenue Agency criteria
- Have a social insurance number (SIN)
- Be under 60 years of age
- Reside in Canada at the time the plan is established
- Guaranteed fixed-rate investments (GICs)
- Market-linked guaranteed investments
- Regular Savings Account – RDSP
- Mutual Funds1
For more details, see the RDSP brochure.
1. Mutual funds are offered through Credential Asset Management Inc. Mutual funds, other securities and securities related financial planning services are offered through Credential Securities, a division of Credential Qtrade Securities Inc.