You've always dreamed of changing your career but the costs of going back to school force you to abandon this life project? Stop putting aside this important project by using your RRSP!
The LLP allows you to withdraw from your RRSP without paying taxes to enable you or your spouse to receive training or pursue full-time education.
The LLP allows you to use your RRSP without paying taxes to fund training or a full-time education for you or your spouse. The withdrawal limit is $20,000 over 4 years with 10 years to repay the withdrawn amount.
Eligible training programs
- Minimum duration of three consecutive months
- Requires the student to devote at least 10 hours per week to the courses or work
- Offered by a recognized educational institution
- In general, the amount to be repaid each year is equal to 1/10 of the total withdrawn amounts until all withdrawals are repaid.
- Repayments are not deductible from income.
- Withdrawals are capped at $10,000 per year.
- The amounts are not subject to tax in the year of withdrawal.
For more information, visit the Revenue Canada site