With this benefit, your savings are insured in case of death at absolutely no charge. This protection is offered without you having to pay any premiums, answer any medical questions or complete any application forms. You are eligible for savings insurance if you:
- Are a UNI member and saver;
- Were born before January 1, 1957;
- Are an RS99 or RS1 account holder and maintain a minimum balance of $500 at all times after January 1, 2012;
- Are able to carry out all of the normal activities of a person the same age;
- Are less than 70 years of age at the time you make the insurable deposits.
 Your Caisse is neither the agent, nor representative nor proxy of the insurer. Only the insurer has the power and the authority to accept the risk, confirm that the insurance covers the member, or make decisions on all issues regarding this insurance policy. This document has been prepared to help you better understand this savings insurance product. It does not, however, have any contractual value. Only the insurance contract concluded between your caisse and Acadia Life can serve to decide issues of law. To find out more about this product, please contact your Caisse or Acadia Life’s customer service department at 1 888 8ACADIE.